continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject General Configuration defaults
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:21:51 GMT
What is the 'deployment repository directory' on General Configuration used for?

It is not a required field on the form, but if I leave it blank, save,
and then edit again, it defaults to:
/opt/continuum/apps/continuum/deployment-repository-directory

So it seems like it is required (since it won't stay blank.)

The defaults for the (required) working directory and build output
directory are also causing problems.  They default to underneath
webapp/WEB-INF.

Servlet containers are required to scan everything under WEB-INF
looking for TLDs, so 1) startup time will increase, and 2) if you
happen to add a project containing a TLD, the next time you restart,
the container will try to load it, and Continuum may fail to start.

Combined with CONTINUUM-1108 (Change of Working Directory does not
affect existing projects) this is a bad situation.

In the plexus runtime, we could probably find a better default, but
I'm not sure what to do about the standalone webapp.

--
Wendy