continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to put branches?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:02:51 GMT
atm the group name can be pretty much anything since its not making
the project groups automatically anymore, you have to make it manually
and then just load in the project...so I would just make a couple of
project groups, one for each...it will render out under the current UI
better anyway

the groupId (not the jpox id one) is just a string so it doesn't have
to really be a package space..

but ultimately I am more in favorite of an idea I think you mentioned
a while back about optionally digging deeper into the model for unique
projects to build and making it not just a matter of

Group/Project unique combinations to build but

Group/Project/Version which would all for the differing scm urls and whatnot.

jesse

> You can add it in the current project group, but you'll have project names duplicated
(trunk and branch) if you don't rename project names.
> The way I prefer is to create a new project group and you can choose what you want for
the groupId (org.apache.maven[2.0.x branch] ?)

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com