continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] iBatis, JPA and Java 5.0
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:09:23 GMT

On 2 Jan 07, at 10:59 PM 2 Jan 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> I've been thinking stay with JDO for now, look at JPA in the long
> term.

I think anyone who wanted to look at an iBatis store I say go for it.
JDO is not bad, but JPOX has proven to be less then robust. If we
were using Kodo it would be a different story and it's too bad that
BEA did not release the JDO bindings for the JPA stuff.

I would also say try another tool like a JDBM store so that you get
the magic three. If the store API was fleshed out and worked with
three backend implementations you would have something that works. I
think part of the problem is that we've let JDO shape the store API
instead of arriving at an ideal API. I think this can only be
accomplished by attempting to use another back end store.

If Rahul wants to try iBatis I say let it rip.

Jason.