continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Fukushima" <takesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: continuum-store and JDO
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:57:53 GMT
On 1/11/07, Rahul Thakur <rahul.thakur.xdev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
> > yeah...
> > but now that ive settled it, ive encountered a new set of probs, this
> > time in the data-management with the trunk on svn:
> > -while backing up the continuum store, a FileWriter is used (wich uses
> > default system char encoding), but the stream used to write the xml
> > tries to use utf-8, in wich case an exception is thrown;
>
> This is a known issue. I think its to do with locale settings.

ive attached a patch that i think solves this one (it actually uses
the same charset encoding in the writer by using a OutputStreamWriter
( FileOutputStream, Charset )

i know this test passes to me now but itd be great if anyone else
could test it in a diff env (maybe other jdks and os's)

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=45956

> > -the backup file (an xml) is compared to a hard coded xml file... but
> > at least with my dev env (win xp with jdk6), some child nodes are
> > swaped...
> You mean the nodes _do_ exist _but_ in a different order.  Can you point
> me to the test that is showing this behaviour?

exactly... ill generate it again, but i think the id tag gets
switched... its in the DataManagementToolTest inside the
continuum-data-management module

btw i cant seen to compile from maven: it gives me an Access Denied
Exception on some random directories (im compiling and running the
tests from inside eclipse)

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima