continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Thakur <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: continuum-store and JDO
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:33:54 GMT

Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
> On 1/11/07, Rahul Thakur <rahul.thakur.xdev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
>> > yeah...
>> > but now that ive settled it, ive encountered a new set of probs, this
>> > time in the data-management with the trunk on svn:
>> > -while backing up the continuum store, a FileWriter is used (wich uses
>> > default system char encoding), but the stream used to write the xml
>> > tries to use utf-8, in wich case an exception is thrown;
>>
>> This is a known issue. I think its to do with locale settings.
>
> ive attached a patch that i think solves this one (it actually uses
> the same charset encoding in the writer by using a OutputStreamWriter
> ( FileOutputStream, Charset )
>
> i know this test passes to me now but itd be great if anyone else
> could test it in a diff env (maybe other jdks and os's)
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=45956

Thanks! I will take it for a spin (hopefully shortly) though i am on
Windows XP as well. Yep, it might be a good idea if we can get it to run
on another machine as well.

>> > -the backup file (an xml) is compared to a hard coded xml file... but
>> > at least with my dev env (win xp with jdk6), some child nodes are
>> > swaped...
>> You mean the nodes _do_ exist _but_ in a different order.  Can you point
>> me to the test that is showing this behaviour?
>
> exactly... ill generate it again, but i think the id tag gets
> switched... its in the DataManagementToolTest inside the
> continuum-data-management module

Cool, will have a look when I get back home. I came across a different
behaviour with HashMap key ordering in JDK 6.  I suspect if its
something similar in this case.

> btw i cant seen to compile from maven: it gives me an Access Denied
> Exception on some random directories (im compiling and running the
> tests from inside eclipse)

Do you have continuum checkout on your drive's root or nested a few
levels in another directory ?

Rahul