continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Updating JIRA
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:27:13 GMT

On 9 Dec 06, at 11:58 AM 9 Dec 06, Jesse McConnell wrote:

> By that logic then I think alpha is definitely what we could start
> pulling off now and then with some milestones.
>
> I know I really want to get the shortcuts bit that I been promoting on
> another thread in place and that is some more api changes...for the
> better too since I really want to see the api's from top to bottom
> working off of things like projectKeys and groupKeys instead of jpox
> id's and freeform string names of things.  I am actually hoping to
> spend some of my vacation over xmas working on getting that into
> place.
>
> continuum 1.0.3 has been out for a while now and there have been a lot
> of tangible improvements that we should get into peoples hands in the
> form of the alpha releases.  I figured with labeling of alpha we can
> freely change the model if we need to and not worry about migrating
> peoples old databases, though that might be good practice to get into
> place...

Exactly, you can't rope everyone into using something by labeling it
a beta and then find out you really require and model/API change.
You'll probably get fewer people trying out and alpha but I think
think enough to help shape things toward what they need to be.

> so what do others think?  shall I make an 1.1-alpha-1 version in the
> jira and we can get the issues that we want to have really resolved
> for that in place?  Target January for a 1.1-alpha-1 release and then
> every month after that until we are feature complete and start doing a
> beta or two...?

Sounds good. I would like to see 1.1 out as fast as possible too but
you need to get some feedback.

Jason.