continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: short term branch for project/group keys
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 02:48:21 GMT
On 23/12/2006, at 1:34 PM, Rahul Thakur wrote:

> That was my point in my last email. I understand why we need that
> "old key" table but this would be something that will just get
> bloated over time. There could be a 'housekeeper' process that can
> clean up old keys after a certain time has expired. I don't see a
> reason why we need to keep the old stuff for long.

Continuum itself is probably not that worried about old links needing
to work, but its nice if they can. I would hope that foks don't
rename their projects *that* often - but is it really likely to be a
problem if we do it? Anyway, still thinking of that as a next step,
not part of the initial impl.