continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: selenium tests
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:27:55 GMT
6) we should use dbunit or something similar to set the database up
into a consistent state for the respective tests, and tear it down
again. Running through the web interface in tearDown is time
consuming, and error prone (if you add a new test that doesn't tear
itself down, then a different test fails).

On 27/12/2006, at 3:57 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> see below
> On 27/12/2006, at 3:09 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>> On 27/12/2006, at 2:08 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> A few observations on these. Does anyone else have outstanding
>>> "todos" in this area? Would like to gatehr them up and get them
>>> resolved to make them useful.
>>> 1) these need to be run regularly to be really useful. They
>>> aren't part of the main build ( a good idea, since it requires a
>>> UI and takes forever). Is there a way to run them in rhino so we
>>> can run them as part of the main build and then turn on the other
>>> profiles when we have mutliple platforms to test on?
>>> 2) they currently all fail - Franz says it's due to UI changes we
>>> haven't caught up to. See #1 :) Are the UI changes abstracted
>>> sufficiently that this will be a quick fix, or is it going to a
>>> be a big search and replace job? They fail due to "user
>>> authenticated" assertions failing.
>> Fixed the fundamental problem, now it's just UI changes.
>> Down to 14 :)
> Down to 5 (AccountSecurityTest, ProjectGroupTest). I'll look later.
>>> 3) Is there a way to get it to stop after a certain number of
>>> failures? 39 open firefox browser instances caused my mac to
>>> kernel panic.
>>> 4) I underestand that the plexus-security related tests are
>>> shared across both webapps. Should we put some helper code into
>>> plexus-security that can be used by these tests so that changes
>>> there can be addressed there (preferably using the example webapp)?
>>> I think this is the list of things to get done - I can put them
>>> in JIRA if there isn't anything extra or anything I've missed in
>>> the list.
>>> - brett
> 5) the continuum tearDown should not swallow exceptions (retthrow
> them, but that means changing the abstract selenium test case to
> throw it too)

View raw message