continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject selenium tests
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 03:08:36 GMT
Hi,

A few observations on these. Does anyone else have outstanding
"todos" in this area? Would like to gatehr them up and get them
resolved to make them useful.

1) these need to be run regularly to be really useful. They aren't
part of the main build ( a good idea, since it requires a UI and
takes forever). Is there a way to run them in rhino so we can run
them as part of the main build and then turn on the other profiles
when we have mutliple platforms to test on?

2) they currently all fail - Franz says it's due to UI changes we
haven't caught up to. See #1 :) Are the UI changes abstracted
sufficiently that this will be a quick fix, or is it going to a be a
big search and replace job? They fail due to "user authenticated"
assertions failing.

3) Is there a way to get it to stop after a certain number of
failures? 39 open firefox browser instances caused my mac to kernel
panic.

4) I underestand that the plexus-security related tests are shared
across both webapps. Should we put some helper code into plexus-
security that can be used by these tests so that changes there can be
addressed there (preferably using the example webapp)?

I think this is the list of things to get done - I can put them in
JIRA if there isn't anything extra or anything I've missed in the list.

- brett