continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build scheduling issues
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:52:41 GMT
Sorry, am I missing something? How do we end up with a cycle in
Continuum? Is there a specific example?

I know it's possible - we had to allow it in the repository (eg,
dom4j <-> jaxen), but it is certainly undesirable and honestly should
be rare, especially in m2 built artifacts. Should it produce a build
warning?

Basically, the treatment there is to just stop following the tree
when you hit the cycle, rather than changing the way things are
ordered. So it's really arbitrary which might come first, but isn't
really a concern there.

Anyway, just wondering.

Cheers,
Brett