continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <>
Subject Proposed: UI for build defs (default build defs)
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:17:30 GMT
Hey all,

    I mentioned this on IRC and felt it should be sent ot the list.
The notion of default build def is really wierd, now that groups are

    In particular, can the "default build def" for a project be a group
def, or only a project def.  The UI for this is also crapped out, as the
check-box is dangerous.  If you "uncheck" a default project, who becomes

    I think we need a drop down on a per-project basis, which MAY
include both project and group builds as that project's default build
def.  If you delete a build def, there would have to be logic to
fail-into another build def, or the delete should be disallowed until
you reassign all projects that hold it as a default.

    Then if a user hits "build group" then (in build order) the default
build def for each project is scheduled in turn.

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*