continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: contents of a 1.1 release
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:27:34 GMT
I wouldn't make a feature-freeze just yet (I'm biased, as I have a
feature planned that is very minimal-impact. :)  but I wouldn't wnat to
wait to release until the new year.  I think momentum is an important
thing, and the change to group handling, the ui changes, plus the rbac
stuff makes continuum incrementally quite valuable.

I would push hard to clean up but not dramatically refactor, focusing on
stablizing, and release.  Or at least stablize somewhat and release a
1.1-Alpha that's vaguely stable, but something.  I think the current
state (well, current feature set when tidied) solve most of my perceived
deficiencies in the thing.

It's tempting, but let's not do the big push until we release
something.  I don't think it would take too much of a detour to  firm
things up, before we can start hacking the model to bits (which I highly
encourage).

A few clean-up points: (may be in Jira, but just things I have noticed)

1. Project still depends on resources not available on public maven
servers.  We should through advocacy, or re-factoring to use available
versions, seek to remedy that.
2. Some things like "per-project build act buttons" are missing
3. Adding notifiers manually is not implemented (at least in the UI)

Christian.

P.S.  Notice I said "we", which does imply my willingness to help and
contribute. -cg.

--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** cgruber@israfil.net + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*