continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "John Casey" <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Group Notifiers
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:42:09 GMT
I think since it's Continuum and not a generic Maven build (i.e. where you
added the POM can be taken into consideration, where with Maven you have to
consider any module as a possible entry point to the build), it should be
okay.

My only slight reservation would be if group-level notifiers can act
differently than project-level notifiers. If that's the case, then the
behavior of Continuum builds will differ based on which POM is used to add a
hierarchy, since the child POMs that are also parents will have their
notifiers added at the project level, and would behave accordingly.

Also, if continuum databases ever became exportable in any way, this could
produce data inconsistencies with exports from other Continuum instances
that added a hierarchy of POMs from a different starting point.

I don't think either of those would be an issue, so I don't see this as a
problem.

Just my $0.02US

-john