continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r449533 [1/3] - in /maven/continuum/trunk: ./ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/project/builder/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/store
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:26:21 GMT

On 27/09/2006, at 9:45 AM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> Thanks forthe check, my eyes were hurting after i finished with
> this ;)

:)

>> > -    ProjectGroup getDefaultProjectGroup()
>> > -        throws ContinuumStoreException;
>> > -
>>
>> was this intentional?
>
> where is this?

Continuum interface. I think it might have been intentional since the
project groups have changed, but thought I'd check.

> persistence layer exceptions should not be catched if not doing
> anything, so they can be handled in upper levels or just cause an
> internal error.
> For instance a ObjectNotFound could mean to the web layer that the
> object was deleted while the user was reading the page.

Ok. I'm not sure I agree with the technique of exception handling
(why would the web interface understand what an "object not found
exception" is?) - but that's a different topic for later.

> Yes, that should be done, still I like the filter so I can use a
> different db for development avoiding conficts in application.xml

You can do that with the data source by changing your appserver/jetty
plugin config at will.

- Brett