continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rbac-integration continuum branch
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:51:27 GMT
+1 from me too.

I've inspected the original Continuum security, the proposed
continuum-acegi branch and the rbac-integration one. This is
definitely the easiest to understand and work with, and gives us the
best of both worlds - a strong user model and RBAC authorization
framework that integrates nicely with our web framework as well as
being generally useful anywhere, and still lets you use Acegi and
other toolkits for doing the authentication and obtaining roles from
a variety of external stores which we don't want to write integration
for.

I've also done the work of setting this up from scratch and making
updates on another app, and it was really easy to understand. It
needs docs, but I only had to get a short walkthrough to run with it
and haven't needed to dig into the code to figure out how it works
which would have been one of my concerns. I'm comfortable that it's
not going to hinder our ability to find contributors and will be
flexible enough to make changes over time as we add new features.

Nice work all. Let's give this the weekend to let people voice their
opinions, then I think we should call a formal 72-hour vote and move
on to the next challenge.

Cheers,
Brett