continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: Please review/comment on the updated cron editor in the continuum white site
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:51:58 GMT
It's quite nice.  I wonder, since there are some ways to construct cron
schedules that don't use all fields, if it makes sense to have an
"advanced" alternate ui that does away with the individual form values
and tries out the single string.  In general, however, I think this
interface is much harder to make mistakes with, which is more
important.  I just want to make sure we don't lose any quartz
functionality through an interface constraint.  Good job, though.

A slight variant might also work (attached).  It lays out the same form
horizontally, so that it's visually closer to the cron.

regards,
Christian. <cid:part1.04050109.02040908@israfil.net>

--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** cgruber@israfil.net + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*