continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Kenney Westerhof <ken...@apache.org>
Subject build timeouts
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:08:57 GMT
Hi,

In what way should we allow users to specify the build timeout?

A normal configuration field somewhere in the project/projectgroup,
or in the schedule?

The current queue's process one task at a time. We could kill
the running task if it's the next one's turn, meaning: default build
time for a task is nextTask.startTime - task.startTime.

Although the latter approach seems to have a flaw: everything seems
to be scheduled at the same time.

Perhaps doing something like #of-projects-in-schedule / schedule-interval?

Or just a simple default of 1 hour, regardless of scheduling?

Are we going to support a build queue per projectgroup? It's pretty easy
to implement, but that's probably scheduled for 1.2?

Or perhaps a queue per schedule?

Or.... :)

Currently the scheduling is just treated as a hint;  you can easily define schedules
that bite eachother. What's planned for this?

For now I'll just add a field to the Schedule, stating max execution time of a build.

-- Kenney