continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject continuum project groups
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 02:38:30 GMT
on the security thread there was some dicussion of project grouping,
which is also on the continuum roadmap for 1.1 and in jira under a
number of issues, CONTIUUM-30 being one of the original ones..

I have been taking a stab at this locally and wanted to see if I could
get some feedback for this before I start submitting patchs for it.

My general idea is partially on the white-site that brett commited
last week but this is the general idea.

The front page for continuum right now is the summary.jsp page which
lists out all of the projects in continuum.  These are internally
structured into project groups which only appear on that summary page
as a column giving the name of the project group.

What I have done so far is create a groupSummary.jsp and associated
view model and action that allows the front page to render out each
project group and the projects inside of it, the projects render with
a bit less of the information then the straight summary page, but the
title for each table of projects is clickable taking you to the old
summary.jsp page which has been pared down to contain just the
projects in a particular project group.

So basically you have the front page able to render out all projects
broken out into seperate tables based on project group.

my intention now is to make project group configuration pages that let
you initially setup notifiers and whatnot at the top lvl that would be
replicated through all of the child projects, this should make project
group management easier as right now you have to go through each
project one by one to configure those things.

The singular project management would remain the same, only it would
allow you to tweak the items setup by the top lvl project group
management screens.

I'll try and go through and align the white-site with this as well but
I also want to get it themed right with the current look and feel (and
bretts new new look and feel he commented about on another thread)

oh, and once this kinda functionality is in place then it should be
pretty easy to make a project group lvl setting for things like 'build
on dependency changes'

thoughts?

jesse

--