continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Markus.W...@ibs.se
Subject How make my projects pom.xml SVN independent?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:02:00 GMT
I am attempting Continuum for a maven2 pom.xml that specifies a scm that
points out a subversion repository where the other project files reside.
And it works.
But the pom.xml contains the full reference to the subversion server and
the trunk of the repository:
<scm>
   <connection>scm:svn:https://daHost/repository/trunk/framework/CRM/EJB
</connection>
   <developerConnection>scm:svn:
https://daHost/repository/trunk/framework/CRM/EJB</developerConnection>
</scm>

OK, so why is it necessary to include that in the pom? It is really bad
since the pom is no longer portable if the svn server changes host, or
changes to cvs e g, or even portable between branches since the URL hard
coded in the pom would not reflect the branch and instead always point to
the trunk. How can this be avoided? Ideally I would like to give the url "
https://daHost/repository/trunk/framework/CRM/EJB/pom.xml" to the
Continuum web interface when adding the project, and the pom.xml would NOT
contain any reference to the svn. Are you with me?

The alternative of course is that I have misunderstodd something
basic..... please correct me.

mvh,
markus