continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject further feedback on white site
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:36:47 GMT
I was looking at the white site, and had some additional feedback:

http://people.apache.org/~epunzalan/continuum-white-site/
releaseFinish.html

Here, It isn't appropriate to list multiple builds, as only one build
was performed. However, there are actually a series of steps as part
of this release - so maybe its better to list them out? Especially if
one fails and terminates the process.

ie:
(/) check for modifications
(/) modify poms
(x) perform test build
  - show failure & output.

For the first one, you might see it fails and show the files that
have modifications, etc. (this is unlikely on continuum, so is of
less importance).

http://people.apache.org/~epunzalan/continuum-white-site/
releaseProject.html

We need to sort out how perform works. Having to enter everything is
a bit tedious if you've just done a prepare.

To save DB trickery, how about this: we keep a list of prepared
releases in memory and remove them when they are performed.

That way this page could have a radio for "Perform release prepared
this session" with a dropdown of those releases, and one for "Perform
release from previous SCM tag". Both go to the same screen, but the
first prepopulates everything.

Same feedback for release finish (here we probably just want the
build output).

Also think about having that "build in progress" page in the middle
using webwork's action in a background. Worth adding that screen in
the white site, and just have a link on there that says "I'm
impatient, check again now" :)

Overall, looking nice!

- Brett