continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Management for Maven/Continuum
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 02:12:44 GMT
Feedback:
- I'd rather Release be equivalent to "build now" (ie, we might need
an icon for it), so added to the right-hand tasks per project, and
added to the individual project page as a button.

- I don't think this should operate on a group. It doesn't
necessarily equate to a multi-module project, so instead I'd just go
project by project. If they hit the parent then they get to release a
bunch at once, as is the case in maven

- I like the summary page that lists out all the defaults, however
instead of an "edit" link, how about making the whole thing a form
with defaults that gets submitted?

- I don't think we should have checkboxes on which modules to
release, as that doesn't really correspond to what we have now, and
likewise the "from parent" checkbox wouldn't be relevant

- there will be more elements to configure - we should get them into
the interface now

- on prepare finished, it should look like the build result page. We
are only building one thing if you agree with the above

- likewise for perform

- as Jason said, prep and perform should be separate. I'm not sure of
the best way to do this - perhaps hitting the release button presents
the following options:
   * prepare release from current code
   * perform release from (list of previously prepared releases that
haven't been performed)
   * perform release from SCM tag

- I think prepare should not be started if the build is currently in
error in continuum.

WDYT?