continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "dan tran" <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Listeners for build events
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:34:26 GMT
On 7/11/06, Ahmed Omarjee <ahmed.omarjee@standardbank.co.za> wrote:

> Some questions:
>
> - Should the continuous integration tool not take the responsibility for
> performing the labelling, since it checked out the code, reports and
> notifies interested parties on success or failure of the compilation and
> tests against that code ?

Not neccessary, IMO since it already has some other mean to do it

- In my mind the fact that I have built and run my tests successfully does
> not necessarily equate to me making a release. Any thoughts ?

behind the scene, release plugin, in general, label the source, validate the
build.
It can be reused for other purposes where label is required for each build.

- Lastly, how can I automate the act of labelling if this is not part of the
> continuous build process?

Create continuum shell project and configure this command to run

mvn scm:tag -Dtag=sometag scm:bootstrap -Dgoals=install

never try it thou

You may need to write a custom plugin to automate the tagname generation.

Ahmed