continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "dan tran" <>
Subject Re: Listeners for build events
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:21:17 GMT
On 7/11/06, Ahmed Omarjee <> wrote:
> - IMHO, the act of checking code out, building and then labelling is not
> part
> of the typical developers build lifecycle (ie. on a single developers
> machine, he handles this kind of thing manually if needs be, by updating
> his
> codebase, labelling, and branching when required), this kind of automation
> is needed particularly when doing continuous integration.

True, that is why I have suggested to hook up Continuum with
maven-release-plugin to do the

- The release plugin could do the job but when does it run, where is it
> configured ?

Create a continuum shell project and configure build definition as

mvn release:release

this mojo is not avaible yet see

but I dont think it is hard to implement

- If I call the scm:tag command as part of a shell script integration in
> continuum, surely its build cycle is independent of the original project
> and
> hence may be inconsistent. Somehow the entire build cycle for a given
> project should be a single unit of work, all the way from checkout, build,
> test, and then potentially apply a label.

scm:tag does the label

scm:bootstrap pulls the source  just labeled

how could it inconsitent?