continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.1 roadmap
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:01:54 GMT

On 28 Jun 06, at 10:52 AM 28 Jun 06, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> Jason van Zyl a écrit :
>> On 27 Jun 06, at 10:04 PM 27 Jun 06, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I started to define the roadmap of continuum 1.1. It will be done
>>> normally tomorrow.
>> Are we deciding that these are the things are going to be in 1.1
>> and take as long as we need? I would prefer that myself. Looking
>> below there I think that's a good list.
>
> I'd prefer too, but depends of the time we spend on each items. If
> we need lot of time on each items, perhaps we'll do an intermediate
> release.

I assume for this we are going to release a series of alphas? How
about for each major feature implemented we release an alpha?

>>> The major first things to do in this roadmap are:
>>>
>>> - Reimplementation of authentication/authorization management
>>> (CONTINUUM-542 and CONTINUUM-513): this will be done by carlos
>>> with acegi. Carlos will integrate acegi with plexus. This part
>>> must secure all requests in continuum and not only don't show
>>> some part of the interface.
>>>
>> If a plexus component is made to integrate Acegi that's cool. As
>> long as Continuum itself has an abstraction for security and Acegi
>> is not coupled directly to Continuum that's fine.
>
> Normally, they won't be coupled. Carlos, can you add more
> informations?

If the work is done in a branch we can just comment as the work
commences. I'm sure I won't find the time but I would still like to
try SASS which Patrick has been working on if I can.

>>> - Remove JDO (at least jpox) because it the source of lot of our
>>> issues
>>>
>> +1
>>> - implementation of continuum profiles and installation screens
>>> (CONTINUUM-44,CONTINUUM-59)
>>>
>> +1
>>> - integration of GBuild (CONTINUUM-563)
>>>
>> +1
>>> - implementation of project groups (CONTINUUM-30,
>>> CONTINUUM-289,CONTINUUM-290, CONTINUUM-291, CONTINUUM-292)
>>>
>> +1
>>> Other important things I'd want to see in it:
>>>
>>> - customization of the add project feature. In this part, I think
>>> to add a multi-project as a multiple projects or as a single
>>> project, scm connection string to use, add with a scm url, add
>>> all modules by a scm connection instead of an url contruction
>>> based on project url provided in the add screen
>>>
>> +1
>>> - build on dependencies changes
>>>
>> +1
>>> - add a tests result summary in build results
>>>
>> +1
>>> I'll add missing issues in jira tomorrow when I'll continue the
>>> roadmap.
>>>
>> Cool, thanks Emmanuel.
>>> Emmanuel
>>>

>> Jason van Zyl