continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.1 roadmap
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:39:59 GMT

On 27 Jun 06, at 10:04 PM 27 Jun 06, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to define the roadmap of continuum 1.1. It will be done
> normally tomorrow.

Are we deciding that these are the things are going to be in 1.1 and
take as long as we need? I would prefer that myself. Looking below
there I think that's a good list.

> The major first things to do in this roadmap are:
>
> - Reimplementation of authentication/authorization management
> (CONTINUUM-542 and CONTINUUM-513): this will be done by carlos with
> acegi. Carlos will integrate acegi with plexus. This part must
> secure all requests in continuum and not only don't show some part
> of the interface.

If a plexus component is made to integrate Acegi that's cool. As long
as Continuum itself has an abstraction for security and Acegi is not
coupled directly to Continuum that's fine.

> - Remove JDO (at least jpox) because it the source of lot of our
> issues

+1

> - implementation of continuum profiles and installation screens
> (CONTINUUM-44,CONTINUUM-59)

+1

> - integration of GBuild (CONTINUUM-563)

+1

> - implementation of project groups (CONTINUUM-30,
> CONTINUUM-289,CONTINUUM-290, CONTINUUM-291, CONTINUUM-292)

+1

> Other important things I'd want to see in it:
>
> - customization of the add project feature. In this part, I think
> to add a multi-project as a multiple projects or as a single
> project, scm connection string to use, add with a scm url, add all
> modules by a scm connection instead of an url contruction based on
> project url provided in the add screen

+1

> - build on dependencies changes

+1

> - add a tests result summary in build results

+1

> I'll add missing issues in jira tomorrow when I'll continue the
> roadmap.

Cool, thanks Emmanuel.

> Emmanuel

Jason van Zyl