continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.1 roadmap
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:58:19 GMT

> Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> >
> > On 27 Jun 06, at 10:04 PM 27 Jun 06, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I started to define the roadmap of continuum 1.1. It will be done
> >> normally tomorrow.
> >
> > Are we deciding that these are the things are going to be in 1.1 and
> > take as long as we need? I would prefer that myself. Looking below there
> > I think that's a good list.
>
> I'd prefer too, but depends of the time we spend on each items. If we need lot of time
on each
> items, perhaps we'll do an intermediate release.
>

> >> The major first things to do in this roadmap are:
> >>
> >> - Reimplementation of authentication/authorization management
> >> (CONTINUUM-542 and CONTINUUM-513): this will be done by carlos with
> >> acegi. Carlos will integrate acegi with plexus. This part must secure
> >> all requests in continuum and not only don't show some part of the
> >> interface.
> >>

> > If a plexus component is made to integrate Acegi that's cool. As long as
> > Continuum itself has an abstraction for security and Acegi is not
> > coupled directly to Continuum that's fine.
>
> Normally, they won't be coupled. Carlos, can you add more informations?

Acegi is coupled to some classes of Spring IoC to respond to events
that we'll work around in some way with plexus. Everything else
related to IoC is just wiring up objects, not tied to Spring.

We'll need to get a minimal Spring jar with the classes needed:
exceptions, utils,...

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.