continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:19:41 GMT
+1

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks