continuum-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Creating a notifier for Confluence
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 03:23:37 GMT

On Apr 5, 2006, at 7:29 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I think the best way it to create a wrapper on it like we do it for
> irc (with plexus-irc) and jabber (with plexus-jabber) and use use
> the wrapper in the notifier. But perhaps, it isn't necessary, i
> didn't look at swizzle.

Done.  Haven't hooked up a confluenza site yet, so the wiki will have
to do.

It's basically the client APIs for Confluence and Jira, so you can
write apps to poke at either of them without having to hurtle that
first "how do I talk to confluence" step.  It always kind of bugged
me that there was a standard API for Confluence, but no standard
client -- you have to make your own.  So I decided to suck down the
API info and hacked a Perl script to create the related Java code.

Here is some example code and it's related output:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Confluence

That just shows reading from a space, but you can add/update pages too.

-David