continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: integrating with continuum
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:45:39 GMT

Knut Wannheden a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
>
> On 2/1/06, Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel@venisse.net> wrote:
>
>>You can't add an other type of project.
>>
>>What is your project type?
>>

> In our development enviroment we have our own project file format
> (similar to Maven POM) and our own build tools on top of this. The
> reason we are not using any existing tools, like Maven, ist that we
> had some specific requirements which other tools could not handle at
> the time we implemented this.
>
> This development and build environment is developed in Java so I was
> hoping that it would be easy to integrate as some kind of extension to
> Continuum.
>
> I'd like to add projects with interdependencies to Continuum. Can I
> also use the shell project type for this?

You can use the shell project type. You only need a command line to launch your build.
Interdependencies between projects are available for now only for maven projects. We'll add
this
feature for ant and shell projects in 1.1

> As we have very many projects, which also change over time, I'd like
> to use some kind of API to keep the project definitions in Continuum
> in sync. Thus I was wondering about adding new project types or an API
> to add projects.

What sort of changes do you want to do?

> Can you see a viable solution to this? Or should I enter a feature
> request in JIRA?

Look at CONTINUUM-544 for a xmlrpc client. I'll integrate it later in continuum.