continuum-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Continuum refactoring
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:03:42 GMT
I think we have to be careful when splitting up a public api like this.
It's possible Continuum may need to be embedded someday, and if so, it
would be much better to have a single interface for controlling
it...even if it means that interface delegates most of its work. While I
think you can probably factor out a lot of the actual logic, we need to
preserve that coherent, single-interface accessibility IMO. Besides, we
do still have to maintain public API compatibility, since it's only a
x.y release...

My 2 cents.

Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know your opinions about the continuum refactoring for 1.1
> What we'll do?
> Replace plexus-summit/velocity by JSP/WebWork/SiteMesh
> What i'd like to do?
> Actually, DefaultContinuum class is our centralized code class. With a
> framework like webwork, i think we can improve the architecture by
> splitting it with this :
> - all data manipulations (CRUD) will be in several DAO classes
> - all utility methods (is*InQueue, checkoutProject, buildProject* will
> be in several utility classes (or action classes in webwork terms)
> - in DefaultContinuum, we'll keep only initialization methods
> With this refactoring, i think it will be more easy to migrate to
> webwork, and maintenance will be more easy.
> Emmanuel

View raw message