continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Design - Replacing Continuum's Web Framework
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:12:25 GMT
I don't know if webwork it's the best framework, but it seems to be simple to use (similar
Struts) and it will be merge with Struts (http://feeds.feedburner.com/techtarget/tsscom/home?m=285)
Result pages of an action is define in one place (xwork.xml file), so it's simple to add/modify
feature.

A comparison beetween web frameworks is available
(http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/Comparison%20to%20other%20web%20frameworks.html,
only
struts actually)

Positive points for webwork :
- ognl support
- jsp, velocity, freemarker... web view support

Emmanuel