continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Continuum refactoring
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:16:58 GMT
On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 14:58 -0800, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> On 12/14/05, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis@codehaus.org> wrote:
> > I still disagree with splitting up the ContinuumStore into a set of
> > DAOs. I've never seen the advantage of having a single DAO for each
> > domain object.
>
> They will be reusable in other applicaitons. If we're thinking about
> creting other applications, like repository manager, we'll share a lot
> of common objects between them.

I have yet to see an example of this idea working in real life. I
understand that you'd want to manage different sets of objects, but like
in Continuum the Project and Build objects are to tightly coupled that
you can't possibly store Project objects in one database and the Build
objects in another.

--
Trygve