continuum-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Multiple Build Definitions
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:34:15 GMT
I'm still not sure how having multiple build definitions comes into
play.  I see now real way to use anything but the default.

It's also a little confusing how the dont-execute-the-build-if-the-
source-hasnt-changed-feature comes into play.  They all have their
own schedule and the source could get updated at anytime.  Is it just
a roll of the dice which build definition gets executed?  Seems the
first one to check would always be the one executed and the others
with perhaps a less aggressive schedule would never get used.  Or
what happens if build definitions have the same schedule, which gets
used then?

Seems there is something useful there about having multiple build
definitions, though I just can't see the vision with what has been
implemented so far.

-David