continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: interface thought
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:00:09 GMT

Brett Porter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thought I'd throw this out for discussion before considering forming it
> in JIRA for, say, 1.2.
>
> I was thinking about the process of adding a parent pom and having all
> the modules added, and wondered what should happen when a new module is
> added, or a module is removed from the parent.

I was thinking to this yesterday, and i think we need to work on it in 1.1

> Here, I think it would be a good idea to "link" them on setup, so that
> the subproject is added/removed when its module goes from the parent.
>
> I think this one is fairly straightforward and I'll drop it into JIRA
> (1.1?) tomorrow.

thanks. Yes, 1.1, but we can do an auto-add/remove of modules for 1.0.2

> But I also thought about the option of having a "always", "never", "ask"
> choice when adding such a project in regards to whether to add/remove
> found or lost modules.

I'm not sure this feature will be use by users. Perhaps only for remove.
If a user add a new module in a project, i'm pretty sure he want to add it in ci

> Here - always behaves like above, never behaves like now, and ask would
> prompt the user.
>
> However, this happens in the background - when an update is found. How
> could the user be asked?
>
> I was thinking that this could be directed to a group or project
> administrator, and stored in an "inbox". The user/group would be
> notified of the request, and when logging in to Continuum would see they
> have a pending action. Once dealt with (by accepting/declining the
> add/remove request), the message is removed for all users. Maybe they
> are all notified of the action.

ok

> This seems useful to me, though too much work for just this use case.
> Are there any other actions that might be similar to this? I think in
> particular POM updates (like changes in notifiers, developers, SCM
> location), and admin actions - maybe even a notice that a new version of
> continuum is available, here's how to autoupdate :D

hmm, not sure, i personnaly consider the pom as the reference.
Autoupdate will be a good feature, but very hard to do.

Emmanuel