continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum White Site
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:33:24 GMT
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> In the "Add Ant Project" view, you missed the target field, but, you
> want perhaps use the same things that maven where goal/phase aren't
> define in the project setup view;

Yep, that was the intent. The targets are configured in a build
definition (so you can just run tests hourly, then install and build the
site daily, for example).

> We can perhaps merge some views :
> - m1/m2 add views are similar, we can merge them and add a combo box
> for choose the maven project type
> - ant/shell add views are similar, we can merge them and add a combo
> box for choose the project type

User interface isn't like code :) IMO, it's easier to select the project
type from the menu and get the one specific to your project. Especially
for a combined ant/shell page - that would be confusing.

It might be a good idea to just have "add Maven project" and autodetect
which version from the POM though, what do others think?

> In the confioguration view, we can add the base url setup and the
> working directory setup.

which page was this on?
http://people.apache.org/~brett/white-site/editProject.html?

I'm not sure whether working directory needs to be set up by the user.
What would the base URL be?

Thanks,
Brett