continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuum White Site
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:21:54 GMT
On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 06:02:27PM +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have put this up here:
> http://people.apache.org/~brett/white-site/
>
> This is how I see continuum 1.0 looking. There are a few notes still to
> be reconciled, and I haven't added the project group (should basically
> be like the project page itself) or general configuration page (not much
> to this I don't think).
>
> Can I get some feedback on things that are good/bad. Hopefully we can
> work towards a version we agree on, and that will set the mark for what
> Continuum 1.0 should look like.

My points:

* The front page should show a summary of all projects with stats pr
  project group. Stats would be numbers like numb of ok, failed and error
  builds

* Possibly using Java Script to hide and show all the projects in the
  group on the front page, or going directly to the project group view.

* I'd like to add the "drill down" links that they have on the Tigris
  style project[1]. Where you have "Welcome, Guest | Login" I'd like to
  see an addition like this:

  "Welcome, Guest | Login | <Project Group Name> | <Project>"

  for the project view and similar for the other objects. Come to think of
  it the project might be the only project with a "parent" object.

Project view:
* Like like the tabs on the top
*
* Dependencies: collaps into a single header with two sub headers for
  example:

 - "incoming dependencies" and "outgoing dependencies"
 - "dependencies" and "reverse dependencies"

Other:
* The ability to use URLs like these is something that I would think
  could the very useful:

  http://continuum/project/groupId/artifactId

  Possibly having version on the end there when we support building
  multiple branches. For the Plexus container the link would be:

  http://continuum/project/plexus/plexus-container-default

  The same thing should work for project groups too:

  http://continuum/projectGroup/plexus

[1]: http://style.tigris.org/nonav/docs/sampler_tigris.html

--
Trygve