continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Rinku" <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum White Site
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:25:36 GMT
Hi Brett,

Some suggestions on the HTML site:

1) User Administration
Could we be able to create:
- Groups
- Users (Administrator/superuser always exists)
- assign users to groups
- set up group policies pertaining to project builds (RO/X access)
- assign groups to projects (or vice versa)
- assign a group manager, who is one of the group users and is able to add
new users to the group.

Some notes on how this translates to a practical use case:
- 'Administrator' for Continuum build system can create other groups and
users.
- Administrator can associate projects to groups.
- Clients/organisations are the groups that an Administrator can set up and
set one of the users as the 'Manager'.
- Respective group managers can themselves manage who they want to add to
the group from with the organisation.
- Administrator can set up Group policies - Read only / Execute access to
group members. Ideal if a company wants its clients to keep track of project
builds on a regular basis.

2) I like the way the 'generated artifacts' are hyperlinked on the build
details page - is it possible not to have the Reports inlined on the same
page but on different page (JUnit, site reports)

3) Build History: Is there a way to specify a threshold number of build
details to keep in history and let continuum delete/archive older ones
automatically apart from being able to delete manually.

ohh...btw, Continuum logo is neat :-) !

Cheers,

Rahul