concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Community Building
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:28:23 GMT
This is a great list from Julian.  To that list, I would just add that
it's helpful to maintain a queue of newbie work, so that new contributors
have something small but tangible to do.  Different projects choose
different methods of managing this in JIRA.  You could link to a JIRA
filter for all issues at Trivial priority.  You could use a "newbie" label
applied to individual JIRAs that are newbie friendly.

The important point is to keep these issues defined to a small scope, like
fixing a tiny bug or typos in documentation.  In some ways, it's more
about helping new contributors practice building, testing and contributing.

--Chris Nauroth