concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website for Concerted
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:59:13 GMT
"Release" is not a git concept. It is a concept that github layers on
top of git. The git concepts are branch, commit (with associated sha),
tag.

I recommend that you apply a git tag to each release CANDIDATE which
will become the tag for the release if and when the vote passes.

Each Calcite release has a corresponding news item with text and
metadata. See the metadata at the top of
https://github.com/apache/incubator-calcite/blob/master/site/_posts/2015-09-02-release-1.4.0-incubating.md.
This helps generate the "recent releases" list in
http://calcite.incubator.apache.org/news/ and also the table in the
downloads page http://calcite.incubator.apache.org/docs/downloads.html.

Julian