concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting the site up
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:37:53 GMT
I love git, but one reason to use svnpubsub over gitpubsub: web sites
can be really large, especially if you generate documentation such as
javadoc each release. When you use gitpubsub the history of the web
site will be in the git repo that every contributor clones onto their
laptop, forever.

In Calcite we use git for the main source code, including the "source"
of the web site, and anyone maintaining the web site maps the
svnpubsub root onto the site/target directory to which the web site is
generated. Thus only web site maintainers have the full web site on
their laptop, and then only one version. (The full history of the web
site is on the svn server only.)