concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Sending Patches
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:31:34 GMT
How you receive contributions (and also whether you do
review-then-commit or commit-then-review) is for the Concerted
community to decide.

For what it's worth, this is what we do in Calcite.

We allow (1) JIRA case plus a github PR, or (2) JIRA case + attached
patch. Commit messages must start with the JIRA case number. We prefer
(1). We have not implemented review board, and have not made a firm
policy about RTC vs CTR because our ad hoc policy has not been
contentious.

But the Concerted community might choose an entirely different
process. We as mentors can advise whether the process you choose meets
Apache's needs for IP due diligence etc.

Julian