concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Sending Patches
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:18:19 GMT
The requirement is that the commit message format is all in a common format
so it can be searchable, so would not restrict where the contributions come
in from github and jira are the two most common paired together, and the
ASF has a reviewboard instance available also. The github integrations will
automatically comment on jira issue if the github pr has the ticket id in
it.

for Thrift we require that all patches have a ticket associated with them,
our how to contribute guide is available at
http://thrift.apache.org/docs/HowToContribute and for committers our how to
commit http://thrift.apache.org/docs/committers/HowToCommit

- patch attached to jira
- fork on github and pr (closed via commit message, would script applying
and commit for this)
- reviewboard (reviews.apache.org)

-Jake