concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav Shukla <gshukl...@gmail.com>
Subject Locking manager
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:46:58 GMT
Hi everyone,

I was reading about locking manager implemented in concerted. It is written
that the locks are distributed as the locking manager is designed with NUMA
in mind.

now if I have a use case where I want to compare data across various
databases based on some common attributes.
for eg. Let's take e commerce I want to check products across 100 websites
then these 100 databases would act as dimension tables and I use
concerted's datastore to store some common attributes like product name,
type,etc.
so it would be like fact table.

Say 1000 people are reading from concerted's data store at a given time and
say 20 people request a write lock.

In this situation how many threads are there ? and how many cache update
will locking manager perform.

Also will people be reading from data store or processes?

Correct me if I misunderstood some point.

--
Regards !
Gaurav Shukla