concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav Shukla <gshukl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website for Concerted
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:18:06 GMT
Hi all,

To make posting news and blog items simpler I have followed the scheme
described below .

 I have added news folder in website repo where all the news related posts
will be stored in mark down.
the post name format will be

*YEAR-MONTH-DATE-title_separated_by_underscore.md *
eg. 2014-10-23-Blogging_with_Butler.md

and permalinks to single post look like

http://localhost:9000/#/pages/news/2014/10/23/Blogging%20with%20Butler

I've also added a pre commit hook which traverses the news folder and
updates archive.json[1] with new posts in news folder.So in order to post a
news item one needs to add a markdown file in news folder and commit.

*note: The title should not contain spaces.*
*         [1] archive.json contains details of all posts in a folder
grouped by year.*

I will be following the same format for documentation as well as blog
folders. Is it ok ?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Jake Farrell <jfarrell@apache.org> wrote:

> Tags should be fine then, in my experience projects typically only use
> tags for releases
>
> -Jake
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Gaurav Shukla <gshukla66@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for feedback @Jake. The website is currently displaying tags just
>> to check the layout and as you and julian pointed out earlier I'll have to
>> make necessary changes in order to display releases that have been voted
>> and approved.
>>
>> So don't worry about that I'll make those changes once the git repo for
>> concerted is setup and format for release posts have been decided.
>> On Oct 22, 2015 9:56 AM, "Jake Farrell" <jfarrell@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> release timeline should contain no release as currently we have not voted
>>> on any release candidates and can not claim to have released anything at
>>> the ASF as of yet
>>>
>>> -Jake

>>> am

>>> candidate and