concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav Shukla <gshukl...@gmail.com>
Subject Website for Concerted
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:27:03 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking of taking up website work for this project.

I don't know if there's some tool set already in place to make the website
deployment easier for incubator projects so I took the liberty to start
from scratch.

Here's what I think. For website we can take up-

   - Python flask as a framework.
   - Bootstrap for styling
   - Not Much Requirement for a Database (I think so), therefore json
   Documents would suffice
   - Elastic Search to provide full text search on documentation also
   double up as a Datastore in case we do require.

Additionally we can also index Mailing list Archive in Elastic Search to
provide search option directly from website.

Features on website:

   - Home page - A short description of project and what is does and some
   use cases
   - Docs - Two block layout with list of docs on the left pane(small in
   size) and description on the right pane(Larger pane).
   - Try it yourself kind of thing to try out the steps mentioned in doc
   (Contact @Ayrton For further info) something similar to what google
   provides in it's api documentation.
   - News/Feed- A list of all the updates or announcements (Release
   descriptions can also be included here)
   - Getting Started page to guide developers and users to respective pages
   or resources (A link to this can also be included as a big button on home
   page)
   - Quick Search bar on the top right to provide full text search on all
   of websites content (including docs)
   - Faq Page to list answers to commonly asked questions
   - Develop and help page to provide all the info related to the team
   members and development process

For reference I've used https://calcite.incubator.apache.org .

 Any suggestions, guidance, help everything is welcome.