concerted-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website for Concerted
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:53:27 GMT

> On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:39 AM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am fine with fetching contributors and committers from github (mentors,
> please advice) as long it is clearly mentioned and understandable on the
> website.

We did that in Calcite and no one had a problem with it. Every contributor has a github account
because pull requests are our preferred mode of contributions.

In fact this page is generated from that information, and the pictures come from github:

http://calcite.incubator.apache.org/develop/

The “organization” field was a little more contentious. Some people feel that Apache contributors
should leave their afiliations at the door when working within Apache. So you should only
list organizations if your community has broad consensus.

Julian