community-students mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Progress towards identifying and discussing project ideas
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 21:03:41 GMT
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Ajay Bhat <a.ajay.bhat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> I had sent an email to the Accumulo dev list about a project I'd like to
> work on, and so far I haven't got any response, although a community member
> did help out a little by giving some direction as to where I could start.
> If you can, would you mind following up on this if there's no reply later?
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAM_ZBPE=6GpX_C8AfuheH6S1LYiEYOr5h=2YjztzDtkx3wXX=w@mail.gmail.com%3E

Hi Ajay,

   In open source, if you want to help you start helping and send a
patch... as you didn't asked any direct question on your e-mail, they are
thinking that you are working on the issue and will submit patches.... If
you need a mentor, you want to directly ask for a mentor.

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende