community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon NA Las Vegas
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 12:41:16 GMT
Re: Stickers -

I'm sure you already have, but please be sure to talk with Sally about
stickers and swag. In particular, I would very much like to have
something that emphasizes the 20th anniversary, and possibly
incorporates both feathers.

On 6/11/19 5:52 PM, Sharan Foga wrote:
>   Hi All
>
> ApacheCon NA will be running from 9th - 12th September 2019 in Las Vegas. We are celebrating
25 years of Apache so let's make the celebration a big one!

> We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of the Apache booth
during ApacheCon. If you havent experienced it already, the ASF booth is always a great hub
of activity and also a central meeting point. During the conference the main booth duties
will be talking to attendees about the ASF and handing out stickers, leaflets or
>   giveaways.
>
>   If you’d like to spend time on the booth talking to attendees to help  promote your
project and grow your community then even giving up even 30 minutes  or an hour of your time
will be welcome. The more projects we have, the greater the chance of perhaps recruiting new
contributors and we always have people wanting to talk about specific projects.

> I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning and am  happy to
have any suggestions for improvement!

Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/
@rbowen