community-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject RDF Files
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:13:48 GMT
Hi all,

Hope this is the right list for this … but I have to admit I have no other idea to what
might be the right one.

When trying to find a list of all IoT Projects at Apache I was surprised to find only one
in the list and it was not containing any of the ones I was working on.

I was told that this information is generated from RDF files. Also I was told that for every
project there sort of exist two separate files.

  *   One specifying the PMC/Committee
  *   One specifying the Project itself

Now I started writing these files and sort of am quite lost at how to write them. It was suggested
to look at the files used by the Camel project.

Looking into these, it seems the asfext namespace uses attributes/elements I can’t see defined
in the definition here http://projects.apache.org/ns/asfext#
It’s also quite difficult to edit these in a safe way as I can’t get my IntelliJ to not
mark almost everything red.

From the pages [1] and [2] I couldn’t seem to get a real feeling of the correct syntax and
which options are valid and I wouldn’t call them really helpful in getting started here.

Are there any xml schemas out there that I could use? Is there any tooling I could use to
edit these files in a safe way?

Chris

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/Apache+Projects+Directory
[2] https://projects.apache.org/about.html