community-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: on "meritocracy"
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:40:09 GMT
Hi,

Slightly off topic but relevant. One think we could do is look at other foundations and communities
and see what they have done that has worked for them. I come across this interesting artifice
this morning [1]. Note it includes the steps that community took to build a diverse community,
I’d also note we’ve taken some of those steps (e.g. have a code of conduct) but perhaps
shows where we could do more. They have set up a Drupal Diversity & Inclusion team [5]
that spells out it values [2] and has  among other things guide on moderation, [3] and participation
[4], Now the ASF is different to Drupal and some of those tings may not fit but it would be
useful I think to at least consider them.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://angel.co/blog/drupals-angela-byron-on-building-a-diverse-community
2. https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/modules/drupal-diversity-inclusion/statement-of-values